Addiction Parable

I’m not sure how else I would describe this other than a parable. Parables are inerrant though so forgive me if I make a mistake. This addiction parable came to me in the middle of the night. Here we go.

You opened up a business. Refer to the business as addiction itself: whatever it may be. Each customer represents a tempting demonic thought to provide a service to that specific customer. You receive a payment of fleshly satisfaction. The tempting thought customer leaves. Each day you are visited by these customers paying them services to go away. You start to rack up this currency of temporary satisfaction that is spent the moment you receive it. You remain empty which compels you to keep the business running to satisfy your customers. You end up devoting your whole life to this business even though it offers you nothing that lasts. Even when you feel guilty, your customers get impatient and start antagonizing you to hurry up and pay them and they won’t stop bothering you until they do. You can tell the temptations to leave you alone that day and close the store down because of your guilt. However, new customers will come by the next day since you are still in business.

This gives us a picture of how this cycle continues on and on in people suffering from addiction. People that commit offenses such as drunkenness, fornication, lust, etc go from occasional customers to BUSINESS OWNERS. The only way to stop it is to burn it to the ground which takes all of the spiritual fortitude possible. That is only accomplished through salvation in Jesus Christ first and secondly through a devotion to following the Word by praying, worshiping, and reading daily. I find this quote to be appropriate to end this post: Addiction is the only prison where the lock is on the inside of the door and you possess the key

1 Corinthians 10:13-14 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.

1. Rosa Hopkins says:

I very much enjoyed this parable. Very accurate and a little scary. May we take every thought captive and make it obedient to His will. Good reminder about temptations, and a good day to you!

Thank you so much ma’am!

2. joleigh7 says:

Woah….

3. natalie says:

Powerful parable. I enjoyed reading this.

Thank you ma’am!The Lord had this thought come to my mind!

4. hoojewale says:

Addiction is nothing but a tenancy agreement between the victim and the villain. Satan, the evil one, is the villain who gets help from his demons. The occupation and domination of the soul is what the tenancy agreement gives the enemy.

When he gatecrashed the Eden garden to dominate the world, he chose the Woman, knowing fully well that she represents the Church -God’s own secret cult. Lucifer has studied each ans everyone of us well enough to know our weaknesses.

Lawrence, you’re absolutely correct: we’re in custody of the key to/of our freedom.

Use the key!

Show the addiction you detest to God, in the name of Jesus; have faith, and the villainous Lucifer goes under your feet.

With posts like this millions will be set free from Addiction, the gaoler. Amen!

Thank you my friend! I agree this post has spiritual power to free anyone from their prisons in Jesus name!

1. hoojewale says: