It’s Necessary

As we draw closer to the most important election of my life time, my political views will be expressed more frequently. With that in mind, I’d like to discuss one of the country’s major problems: illegal immigration. Just to be clear, the legal term is illegal. Refrain from using the politically correct term: undocumented. This has become extremely politicized and seemingly unsolvable. The Right and Left have reasons for allowing illegals to continue to pour in. They are a source of cheap labor by major corporations who fund many republican campaigns and they are a voting block for democrats who will give them free social benefits such as welfare and healthcare if they are elected. Both sides only seek political gain at this point. There is a minority on the Right that does not want this cycle to continue however. I am a Donald Trump supporter. I boast it loud and proud. His motives for solving our immigration problem do not stem from a racist ideology. Also, when he first spoke on immigration, he did NOT say that ALL Mexicans are rapists and killers but the corrupt mainstream media will tell you he did. By no means is he perfect, but if you can get past some of his inflammatory rhetoric and the media spin, you have a candidate that can truly fix this problem once and for all.

After Mr. Trump took the privilege of meeting with the president of Mexico, it’s clear that we can work together to solve the border crisis. It is in fact a crisis. Many of us do not live near the border. You will never hear about the dangers if you listen to mainstream media. It’s also evident that this crisis has effects on Mexico as well. Drugs, cartel members, and illegal aliens pour into the US, while money and weapons go back to Mexico to fund the cycle. I’ll also mention how President Obama and his attorney general Eric Holder played a role specifically in sending weapons to drug cartels. The “Fast and Furious” scandal led to border patrol agents being shot by gangsters and who knows how many people in Mexico. It’s also interesting how given the fact that we have an epidemic of drug overdoses currently in the US, Secretary Clinton and the Left do not want to close off the flood of opioids for political reasons. Neither President Nieto nor Mr. Trump want this cycle to continue.

The most effective starting point is building a wall across all traversable terrain. Israel’s walls are a perfect example. In the three years before it was built, suicide bombers killed 293 of their citizens; in the three years after it went up, that number dropped to 64. Since its construction, terrorist attacks have dwindled showing the effectiveness of walls on a much more dangerous scale such as terrorist threats. Next, we should couple the wall with sensors for above and below ground detection and additional border security. Simultaneously we can kick out all criminal aliens. Only then should we deal with the rest of the people in the country illegally. How can this be put in motion? Donald Trump believes that Mexico will pay for the wall and we will enforce it. I share the same sentiment on a much more detailed level. There will be some degree of compromise instead of just a simple payment. Our trade deals in NAFTA for both countries will be renegotiated, saving both countries billions. I believe that if we work with the Mexican government to decimate the drug cartels with military force, that they would be more than willing to pay for the wall, at least a large part of it. There is an alternative that I feel would also be beneficial. The Mexican president cited that many illegal immigrants are not Mexicans, and most are from Central and South America. With that in mind, a deal could be struck where we pay for the wall between the US-Mexico border and the Mexican government pays for and enforces a wall between their country and Central America. This is just my personal proposition since this has not been circulated as a potential deal yet. With a President Trump, a certain combination of these solutions I mentioned will be executed quickly and effectively to benefit both nations.

Thank you! Throw me a follow as well to stay up to date. God bless.

1. Wonderful!! Thanks for stressing “illegal”. I so agree with you about the wall. Someone agreed with me that we have a wall, and it doesn’t help. No, we have a speed bump, basically. The Berlin Wall was a wall. Walls are a deterrent. What we have is NOT a deterrent!

Yes of course! We have partial barriers at this point. When Trump and I speak of a wall, it will be a complete barrier.

2. joleigh7 says:

I was born in New Mexico along with generations before me, and my children were born and raised their younger years in the border town of El Paso….so I DO and have ALL my adult life lived a stone’s throw from the border….Mexico is my neighbor in every sense of the word, a wrong turn can lead you right into the country….I hold a passport and frequently cross into Juarez, unscathed and have done so since I was 15 (and most times alone) in fact the reason why I gained a passport was for this reason.
    A wall is not feasible or realistic, yes the system IS abused and being in the affordable housing industry I have seen this first hand but don’t be fooled there are more American born adults abusing and sponging off the system than there are HARD WORKING law abiding, honest, decent men and women that are going thru the naturalization process, there are specific laws and regulations to assure that before receiving any time of assistance that you hold either an ITIN or work visa/ssn. The idea of a wall is a joke down here to us LIVING here with our NEIGHBORS.

Hey Joleigh thanks for your comment! I want to stress that I fully acknowledge and respect there are wonderful hard working people that go through the naturalization process. I’m not concerned with them. I also realize that there are plenty of Americans that abuse the welfare and healthcare system along with many illegal immigrants. That does not mean illegal immigrants should get a pass though. My main focus right now is the criminal aspect of the border: drugs and crime coming in with money and weapons being exported to fuel the cycle. I respectful disagree that a REAL wall, 100% complete, patrolled, and coupled with above and below ground sensors will regulate the flow of people into the country to insure they go through a process and do not seek to harm us. I cited the effectiveness of walls in Israel and Mexico especially. As for whether or not it is feasible, we most definitely have the funds to pay for it ourselves if we must. Changes to our trade deals to balance trade deficits with other countries, fair trade as it should be, will give us the money we need. That is if Mexico does not pay for it after negotiations of a deal. I still believe they will if we help to alleviate their problem with the cartels. Hope this helps a bit, and hope you are well!

3. joleigh7 says:

Truth is…real truth is that the cartel has their hand in the pockets of the powers that be on BOTH sides and vice versa…i don’t think a wall as grand or high tech as it could be will ever change that….its a sad truth but being front and center it’s a reality….there will always be someone to buy off a pass thru any border. I lived in the twin cities near the Canadian border as well for a brief time when I was 19 and didn’t see much of a difference, granted this was well before 9/11, so hopefully it’s different but that’s doubtful. Terrorism is homeborn these days unfortunately 😦

That’s very true but we have to at least try something! I have faith it will do at least some good! 😊 We will see!